Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an American Standard 90 up flow. Furnace is blowing

Customer Question

I have an American Standard 90 up flow. Furnace is blowing but with no heat. The code is blinking 4 times which says it's an open high limit switch but for the life of me I can't find the switch or how to reset it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Turn off the power to furnace and see. That will rest fault. Retry furnace. If fan keeps blowing check the stack switch . It is located near the vent pipe. Also check the rollout switches on the burner compartment for reset. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already tried resetting by turning power off and back on. I'm not sure I see what your talking about in regards ***** ***** switch or rollout switch

This is an up flo unit. Do you see the glass window to look at burners when they fire. The switch will be round with small button in middle. Pulling that furnace now. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has a small red button on it. What do I need to do with it? I've pressed what seems to be like a button but it doesn't really press in

Try onea t time but power must off to reset. Russ Trying find components on furnace.. Russ

Here are photos of switches to be checked. Russ