HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I've got a Perrymatic Wallflame, which is in good overall…

Customer Question
I've got a Perrymatic Wallflame...
I've got a Perrymatic Wallflame, which is in good overall condition, and I can't justify replacing it with a new boiler.
I look after it myself, and am familiar with every aspect.
However... I DESPERATELY need a new rotor. I know there MUST be one somewhere, because I recently found someone who threw several new ones away last year, thinking he'd never be able to sell them!
Is there any way that you could help with this please? Perhaps you know of people with old stock?
Russ
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
To add more now that I've paid... My existing rotor is the original fitment, but a number of years ago, someone bent the shaft OF THE ROTOR ITSELF, thus, it now spins concentrically in the bearing sleeve and wears out the sleeve. I line the sleeve with oilite bushings, and then machine to size and all is good, until I then have to do it again, and again, and again...If you were able to source this rotor for me, then ideally I would also like to buy a new motor too - I don't actually need a new motor, but it would be a worthwhile spare considering the scarcity of parts for this now. Incidentally, I do already have spares of everything else, but would probably be willing to buy more, and more... Even if just to incentivise someone to hunt amongst their own spares for a rotor...I'll attach a couple of photo's of the rotor, just in case there's any doubt as to what it looks like. Note, the fan is off in some pictures, hoping to make it clearer for you to see?
1/23/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, that is not at all a common unit, so far it sounds like you have more experience with the problem than myself or almost anyone else. I may or may not be able to help you.

I need to know about how old it is... and if you can attach 4 or 5 photos of the unit taken from a few few feet away so that I can get an idea of the entire lay out, there is a slim chance that I will be able to offer some useful advice.

Use the paper clip icon to attach the photo's, the more I can see the more I will be able to assist.

Out of the million of units on the market Perrymatic has perhaps as much as 0.00001% of the market, not a lot of people will have ever seen one, but many of us will have solved similar problems by the use of generic replacements etc.