HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an XV90 trane and the ignitor will not light but i…

Customer Question
I have an XV90...

I have an XV90 trane and the ignitor will not light but i dont know where the ignitor is to clean it

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It is blowing air just not hot air and it seems to just cycle over and over

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/23/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello,

do you ever see the ignitor glow?

I think i have a dirty heat sensor but i cant unscrew it to clean it

if it were dirty sensor...then the ignitor would glow, gas light....and go off in 3 seconds.

You can clean the sensor by reaching in and cleaning...in case you cannot remove.