HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm not sure if I was on here already We are in Allentown PA…

Customer Question
I'm not sure if...

I'm not sure if I was on here already We are in Allentown PA and in the blizzard we live in a newer home with a Lennox G43UF-48C-090-08 are you familiar?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We had the thermostat set to 71 but it was freezing this morning and it was only 55 in our house. we called the gas company and they said to make sure the intake pvc was clear of snow I cleared it then I changed batteries in the thermostat. turned it down to 40 and went down to furnace and turned off main switch for 5 minutes I turned it back on and put thermostat back to 73 it says hold and no heat cold air is blowing

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/23/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello sorry for delay. Are you ready to proceed?

Ok, I understand you are unfortunate enough to be in the blizzard?

but if we could figure out how to send a heat signal in our furnace so that the heat starts would be good
The fans are blowing properly the thermostat is responding to the drop in temperature and also turning on the fans when we turn the heat on but there is nothing that's making heat start down at the furnace

Your furnace has 2 pipes attached. One out the side higher than the other. This pipe is the intake you have heard about...but first, in the furnace bottom section is a circuit board with blinking lights...can you tell me the pattern?

How do i decipher the pattern? There is a green light and a red light. The red light is a slow pattern the green light is on steady
The red light be fat heartbeat pace the green light is solid no blinking

refer to them as led 1 (left) and Led 2 (right)

Sorry for the typo I meant the led 1 blinks at a heartbeat pace and led 2 stays lit no blink

Ok, by chance is the filter plugged or was when this happened?

What do you mean by filter the screen that's next to the furnace or the intake that is outside

filter by furnace

That is a new filter in there

This is an overheat code of a tripped limit.

Do you mind a bit of hands on checking?

On the front wall of the furnace is a credit card sized flat plate with 2 wires do you see this?

Do I need to turn the fans off in the switch before I open the panel?

turn power switch off

remove upper door

locate switch

let me know when ready

switch means the flat credit card sized plate

There is a light switch looking power switch on the right side of the furnace I turn that off is that okay? So the fan won't be running
Okay and I am in the upper door and I see a on off switch with two wires

Against the back wall of the upper section...flat on the wall...the credit card sized plate..2 wires...does not say on or off...just a flat plate 2 wires

it looks like it's like a burgundy color the wires are two on the left purple blue one on the right blue

ok tap that flat plate a couple times....then turn power back on and tell me what code does on the lights

Same led 1 heart beat blink led 2 solid lit no blink

thank you,

now follow the wires to that switch. One leads direct back to circuit board...the other goes to another switch...can you follow for me and tell me result of what the other wire leads to?

The connection on the left has two wires -a purple and blue.... the blue one goes to the circuit board and the purple one goes to a smaller round black gadget about 2.5 inch round. The connection on the right is a solitary blue wite that goes to a bigger round gadget about 9 to 10 inches round

ok the can you post a pic of this? Thre were several different versions of this model and I would like to be certain

I sent you a photo and a video please let me know if they came through
Okay I was just told that the video is too large so you won't be getting that

did you use the attach files link?

I just sent you another photo
I use the Add Files link and took 2 or 3 photos that you should have

havent seen photos pop up yet...see page 8 HERE

I received the file you sent to me. Why are you sending that to me I have no idea how to read these parts that's why I contacted you

I wanted you to see if the any of the parts matched what you were trying to show me

The diagram is too flat and complicated it doesn't really specify what I'm looking at . Sorry my phone jammed and I had to restart Can you tell me what this code meansPrimary or secondary limit switch open. Limit must close within 3 minutes or unit goes into 1 hour watchguard.
I just have to sit and wait now and hope that somebody gets back to me soon and maybe 24 hours in a blizzard? What kind of service is this? I turned my phone off to restart it while were in the middle of assessing the situation and the tech disappears
The add files to send you photos feature is not working
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer