HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a two wire LR1620. I want to install a NEST

Customer Question
I have a two...

I have a two wire LR1620. I want to install a NEST thermostat, but I don't think either of these wires is the wire I need.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Just what I said. I need a power wire for the NEST installation, but the set up I have, the thermostat has only two wires and they seem only to complete an on/off circuit. I think I can't install the NEST here. Is that right?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/23/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

What is the thermostat connected to?

A forced air gas furnace. No a/c just heat.

Then you should be able to use the Nest. The Nest should function with a standard 2 wire connection for a gas furnace