Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a two wire LR1620. I want to install a NEST

Customer Question

Customer: I have a two wire LR1620. I want to install a NEST thermostat, but I don't think either of these wires is the wire I need.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just what I said. I need a power wire for the NEST installation, but the set up I have, the thermostat has only two wires and they seem only to complete an on/off circuit. I think I can't install the NEST here. Is that right?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

What is the thermostat connected to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A forced air gas furnace. No a/c just heat.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Then you should be able to use the Nest. The Nest should function with a standard 2 wire connection for a gas furnace