BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Carrier Infinity Greenspeed heat pump, installed in

Customer Question

I have a Carrier Infinity Greenspeed heat pump, installed in July-2015, that has a "System Fault" message: "83-Low Pressure Lockout For 4" We are in the middle of a pretty serious snowstorm here in Maryland as I write this. I cleared all the snow around the outside unit, but there is snow inside the unit and on top of the fan blades from what I can see. The unit is now running in the "Electric Heat" mode so we're not freezing. Is there anything I can do myself (like using a heat gun to melt all the snow inside the unit or anything else because with the amount of snow we're getting, who knows when the HVAC contractors that installed the unit can get out here (I have an "extended warranty," but the unit is still under manufacturer's warranty. The weekend is out of the question. Heat Pump Model #: 25VNA048A; Air Handler Model: FE4ANB006 Thank you for your response and help. Brian Columbia, Maryland
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".