HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

If I set it to 68 or any temp it will hold but won't shut…

Customer Question
If I set it to...
If I set it to 68 or any temp it will hold but won't shut off heat pump.
It is cool outside my unit is working properly, but here's the thing if I lower it one degree it will cycle off. If I put my old Mercury switch back on it heat up and shuts off. My heat/ac guy thinks it might be how Honeywell calibrates aux heat and normal heat modes is there a fix or am I returning the product.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/23/2016
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

AS ling as he heat pump is holding temperature you are fine. There is a setting in thermostat for comfort and economy. If it is set for economy the heat pump runs more. Comfort it it will bring on aux heat to help maintain temp. Can I have model number of thermostat anss can help you set to comfort. Russ

Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat RTH6580WF

Did you go into installer setup ant set for heat pump. setup 1 option 5. Russ

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer