HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Rheem 90 classic is not blowing heat. I see a blinking…

Customer Question
My Rheem 90 classic...

My Rheem 90 classic is not blowing heat. I see a green blinking light for the ok,solid green for power and no ***** ***** light on

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It uses gas for the heat the gas knob is turned to the on position

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Not sure why the gas burner is not starting and the blower is not kicking on.
1/23/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

I need the model number of your furnace. You can find it on the rating tag inside the blower compartment

I was able to get it to work, but the gas will not stay lit. It is a Rheem Classic 90
I take off the panel and manually light it, but just a few seconds after I close the panel the gas goes out

That's the series not the model number. I need the model number on the rating tag.

I did go outside and remove the 2 foot of snow that had drifted around the gas pipe that goes into the house

Snow around the gas pipe makes no difference. Snow around the exhaust does. I can't help you until you give me the actual model number