HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Carrier 58STA090 and i am getting #14 error code. I…

Customer Question
I have a Carrier...

I have a Carrier 58STA090 and i am getting #14 error code. I think there is another unit in the house having the same problem. Is this something I can repair myself or do I need to contact HVAC repair? Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Not much except the unit does not seem to be turning on at all. The thermostat is set for 72 and is only at 67 in the room. We did have a small winter storm last night. I feel as though this could have something to do with the gas flame.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/23/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Try this, turn off the power to the unit, wait a minute or so then turn it back on. Tell me what happens. Does the small draft fan on the front run? does the igniter glow? do the burners fire up then go out?