HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What is the maximum type vent diameter size to vent an

Customer Question
What is the maximum type...
What is the maximum type b vent diameter size to vent an Atmospheric Natural Gas Water
heater ... 50 Gallon 40k btu unit located in basement venting thru 2 story house roof?
Note there is approx 6 feet of horizontal pipe with upward slope before getting to main vertical B Vent.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/23/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Yes the 6" B vent is more than fine.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH