HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Freedom 80 igniter comes on but burners 't lite

Customer Question
Freedom 80 igniter comes on...
Freedom 80 igniter comes on but burners don't lite
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/22/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Do you have power to the gas valve when the ignitor is on?

OK if it is not lighting make sure the orifices are clean and make sure you have gas to the unit. If so replace the valve it is bad and would be a common issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Nothing

If you get no gas out of the orifices and have power to the valve replace the valve.