HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Trying to figure out what a yellow purge light on my HZ311…

Customer Question
Trying to figure out...

Trying to figure out what a yellow purge light on my HZ311 means im having trouble with wifi therms resetting

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Basically i have 3 zones, ecobee3 wifi therms installed by a pro.....per ecobee support the issue of the thermostats losing power / rebooting MAY be due to heat high limit on furnace or filters (not a filter issue). I have noticed my yellow purge light flashing and a clicking type noise around the time of this issue and trying to determine if it is related or if the purge light itself is indicative of an issue with the furnace or zone controller, wiring, etc

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/22/2016
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

If you take one of the Ecobee thermostats off its base or disconnect the R wire on any one of the thermostat feeds from the HZ, any one of them, do the same symptoms remain?

Thanks,

Brian

Rh?