HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My LG neo plasma a/c keeps cutting out and flashing "ch 26"

Customer Question
We had a large storm...
My LG neo plasma a/c keeps cutting out and flashing "ch 26" We had a large storm (in Bargo ) yesterday and it hasn't worked properly since. How can I re-set it or is there another problem
John Lovell
Bargo NSW
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/22/2016
HVAC Technician: Aric Kimball, Contractor replied 2 years ago
Aric Kimball
Aric Kimball, Contractor

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

What exactly is connected to the set that you receive broadcasts from (Cable/SAT box, direct aerial from wall to TV, etc.)?

Also what is the model number off the back of the set and how old is the set?

HVAC Technician: MattR757, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
MattR757
MattR757, HVAC Technician

CH26 error code indicates that the unit detected a problem getting voltage to the compressor - There are a number of things that could cause this but if the system works intermittently after reset and the error doesn't come back immediately (before the unit starts) then it is likely an input power issue or a failure in the main PCB (DC link capacitor). If the compressor doesn't start at all and the error shows after reset (before the outdoor unit tries to start) then you probably have a failed compressor - not uncommon if you had a power surge during the storm.

Attached is the troubleshooting chart for the CH26 error code that should lead you (or a technician) to the issue & solution. If the compressor is good and the wiring to the compressor and the input power are both normal then you most likely need to replace the main PCB.