HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just tried to ask a question and after they took my cc

Customer Question
***** *****, Just...

***** *****, Just tried to ask a question and after they took my cc information I was unable to return to this page.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I'm installing a McQuay fan motor ####-##-####on a McQuay Air Handling unit. It is 115 volt fan motor. It has one capacitor wire only. Brown and white. I have a common, a black, a blue, and a red wire. What wire connects to the other side of the capacitor?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/21/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

OK the fan motor wires are as follows:

Common wire(Usually white )

High speed (Black)

Low Sped (Red)

Brown, white (Capacitor)

Wire as follows:

Common to Common on furnace and one side of capacitor

Black to high speed furnace

Red to Low speed furnace

Brown.white to other capacitor terminal.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings now. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.