Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Working on nordyne molibe home furnace customer says ignitor

Customer Question

Customer: working on nordyne molibe home furnace customer says ignitor 903110a has been replaced 7 or 8 times last 4 years . I see spacing is tight is there any thing else I should look for that might cause this problem . looks clean on inside. thanks ***** ***** /
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Was the original old spiral type replaced with this upgraded igniter because it was burning out or are all of the ones burning out this type?