Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My heat will not come on
, I have a Honeywell

Customer Question

Customer: my heat will not come on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Honeywell Chronotherm III...about 4 hours ago, I reduced the temperature setting from 69 to 66...one of my rooms was too warm since then my heat has not come on and I feel I may have inadvertently reset something
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Can you adjust it and set it to a temporary hold to see if it turns on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried...nothing
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok you may have a bad thermostat can you get at the wiring to the thermostat and connect the Red and White wires together to see if the heat comes on?