airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

No power to my thermostat. not electrical savy and thought

Customer Question

Customer: hello. no power to my thermostat. not electrical savy and thought maybe it went dead on it's own but now see that power is supplied to it via blue wire? i guess somewhere there is a blown fuse?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thermostat had now power, so thought I would put new smart one on but no power to that so there must not be getting power. sorry, don't know what to say.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Usually in blower panel on furnace. Remove panel on furnace and look inside for a control board with a small auto type fuse.

http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png

http://i.imgur.com/zOpm9aP.png

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you find. I am here most everyday if you need me. About to leave for the night but will be here tomorrow if you need me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
opended furncace but no fuse....says there is a reset button but cannot find it
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Do you see a model on furnace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok found fuse but not broken
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Did you remove fuse and make sure it is intact , No burned spot? If so lets next look to see if maybe you have a float switch or condensate pump for drain that might be breaking circuit.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Haven't heard back in awhile and I am about 4o minutes past time I was supposed to leave so I will check in tomorrow morning to see if you still need helps or if you got it working.