HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

No power to my thermostat. not electrical savy and thought…

Customer Question
Hello. no power...

Hello. no power to my thermostat. not electrical savy and thought maybe it went dead on it's own but now see that power is supplied to it via blue wire? i guess somewhere there is a blown fuse?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Thermostat had now power, so thought I would put new smart one on but no power to that so there must not be getting power. sorry, don't know what to say.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/21/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Usually in blower panel on furnace. Remove panel on furnace and look inside for a control board with a small auto type fuse.

http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png

http://i.imgur.com/zOpm9aP.png

ok thanks

Let me know what you find. I am here most everyday if you need me. About to leave for the night but will be here tomorrow if you need me.

opended furncace but no fuse....says there is a reset button but cannot find it

Do you see a model on furnace?

ok found fuse but not broken

Did you remove fuse and make sure it is intact , No burned spot? If so lets next look to see if maybe you have a float switch or condensate pump for drain that might be breaking circuit.

Haven't heard back in awhile and I am about 4o minutes past time I was supposed to leave so I will check in tomorrow morning to see if you still need helps or if you got it working.