HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Daiken minisplit operating in low ambient temperature

Customer Question
Daiken minisplit operating in...

Daiken minisplit operating in low ambient temperature (facility) mode.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It has a 50* cut off for cooling. However, the installation manual (and spec sheets) say that it will cool down to 14* if you (installer) cuts a jumper. They call this facility mode and says this should only be done for a facility, such as cooling computers, not for an office or residence where people are located. It also says that the fan will be in high tap mode. I'm trying to understand "why" it would only be for a place with no humans. The purpose is a small server room in my house that needs cooling, even when the rest of the house is running heat.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
The installation manual states:Facility Setting
(cooling at low outdoor temperature)
This function is limited only for facilities (the target of air conditioning is equipment (such as computer)).
Never use it in a residence or offi ce (the space where there is a human).„ Cutting jumper 6 (J6) on the circuit board will expand the operation range down to 5°F (–15°C). However it will stop if the
outdoor temperature drops below –4°F (–20°C) and start back up once the temperature rises again.• Intermittent noises may be produced by the indoor unit due to the outdoor fan turning on and off when using facility settings.
• Do not place humidifi ers or other items which might raise the humidity in rooms where facility settings are being used.
A humidifi er might cause dew jumping from the indoor unit outlet vent.
• Cutting jumper 6 (J6) sets the indoor fan tap to the highest position. Notify the user about this.
Answered in 2 days by:
1/23/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.

Are you familiar with the Daikin "facilities setting" option?