airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a /Nordyne M1MB 056A BW furnace and having some

Customer Question

I have a Miller/Nordyne M1MB 056A BW furnace and having some issues
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

What is the issue you are having?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the quick response....well, when the thermostat calls for heat, the draft inducer starts (replaced as it was frozen up), the igniter glows, the gas valve opens, and the furnace flames up. It does this for 10 or 15 seconds and the blower fan turns on. After only a few seconds the flame gets weaker and weaker and flames out, at which point the gas shuts off and the process starts all over again. I'm not sure what else it could be.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like a gas pressure issue. If you are propane do you have plenty of propane? Also do you have access to a gas pressure tester or manometer so we can check pressure in and out of valve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2 - 120 gal tanks and they both are currently at 60%. I can borrow a gas pressure tester from work tomorrow. Where should the pressure be tested?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I will be happy to guide you with this once you get the meter.There should be an inlet and outlet port on valve.If you can send a pic of valve or give me model on valve.I will show you the ports.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached a few different views of the valve. Also, I just looked around my toolbox and found a compression tester. I don't suppose that would work?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

There should be an allan plug on in and out side of valve that you ill remove and connect a fitting to check pressures.

We should have about 14" water column pressure in and when burning about 10.5" out.

The gauge in pic will not work as it reads in psi .We need a gauge that reads inches of water column. 14" water column converts to only .5" psi, so this gauge would not give us an accurate reading.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks...ill get the gauge tomorrow.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.Please wait to rate answer until you are satisfied with my answer and feel I have earned a rating of 3 or higher.Remember, you can continue follow up for up to 30 days after rating with no additional charges.I am here to help you solve your problem not just grab your money and run.I strive for 100 per cent customer satisfaction.If this does not solve your problem we can go from here.