HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat is not working. I have changed the batteries…

Customer Question
my thermostat is not working...
my thermostat is not working. I have changed the batteries
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There's a pretty good chance the problem isn't with your thermostat. It's probably more likely the problem is with your heating equipment. What do you have for a furnace? brand and model number please.

trane model twvo3081

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Lets start at thermostat.

1.Do you have a display?

2.If you remove R and G wires from thermostat and touch them together will indoor blower come on?