HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE THE EXACT MODEL 58SXA100JG. MY PROBLEM IS I CAN GET…

Customer Question
I HAVE THE EXACT...

I HAVE THE EXACT MODEL 58SXA100JG. MY PROBLEM IS I CAN GET MY FURNACE TO START IN THE MORNINGS OR AFTER IT HAS SET NOT RUNNING OVERNITE. IT WILL RUN FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES BUT WONT REACH THE COMPLETE TEMP THAT THE THERMOSTAT IS SET ON BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN. THEN I CANT RESTART IT UNTILL IT SITS FOR A WHILE. IVE PUT A NEW PILOT ASSEMBLY ON IT THINKING THAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM AS I TO REPLACE IT ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO . I GET NO SPARK IGNITION AFTER I RUN THE FURNACE AND THEN TRY TO RESTART IT . MY INCOMING AIR LINES ARE NOT PLUGGED UP.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

WHEN I PUT THE NEW PILOT ASSEMBLRY ON THE FURNACE FIRED RIGHT UP . BUT I THINK THAT WAS BECAUSE IT HAD SAT ALL NIGHT WITHOUT RUNNING.WHEN I TURNED THE TSTAT BACK TO SHUT THE FURNACE DOWN SO I COULD TRY TO RESTART IT AGAIN IT WOULDNT SPARK .

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

YES, I CAN WAIT. IVE GOT THE WOOD BURNER FIRED UP TO HOLD US OVER. THE STEP BY STEP FUNCTIONS SEEM TO BE CORRECT JUST WITHOUT THE SPARK IGNITION FUNCTIONING ON RESTART.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/20/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Sounds like the furnace is shutting off on high limit.Do you have a meter for troubleshooting?

Causes for this are

1.Dirty filter

2.Dirty blower wheel

3.Motor not moving enough air

4.Dirty ac coil if you have AC

5.Bad limit switch tripping prematurely

6.Defective heat exchanger.

Our first step is to verify limit is the issue.

If furnace has a control board there should be an error light that flashes when furnace fails.