HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Amana furnace furnace keeps shutting off before the house is…

Customer Question
***** *****, Amana furnace...

***** *****, Amana furnace furnace keeps shutting off before the house is at correct temp per thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Preignition sequence is good, burners iginite flame is blue, blower functions well but furnace shuts down before its is actually 72 degrees in the house. then the furnace will shut down and turn back on in a fe wminutes

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Ok

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace? It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

If furnace is not coming on or shuts down before thermostat is satisfied, there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here.