HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a DGH-45 Garage Heater it will start up & the glow…

Customer Question
I have a DGH-45 Garage...
I have a DGH-45 Garage Heater it will start up & the glow plug will kick in like 3 time then shuts down. there is gas to the unit. On the switchboard the green light does nothing. What the problem to check.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Is there a flame sensor on this unit that sticks into flame to verify burners are on?

All I see is the glow plug igniter.there are 2 round sending units at the top and bottom of the gas ports I thought those to be heating sensors

I understand. They used separate flame rod on some and igniter s the senser on other.Does the flame actually ever come on? And if not do you have a volt meter to see if we are getting power to the gas valve?

I rubbed the 2 sensors then restarted it and the furnace fired up and ran for like 2 minutes then shut down again

Did you get an error code when it shut down?

I did see any thing when it stopped working I wasn't by it

Try again and as soon as it fails look for a code.

I got it to fire a second time for like 2 minutes and then it shut down with the green light on the main board did nothing
Up in the heater where the thermostat wires connect I hook them together to over ride the thermostat ran for 4 minutes then shut down

Did you see my question about the red light on ignition control and if so do you have one and does it give us a code?

No I do not see any light code. Should I take a picture and send it to you

That might help

Second thought I think you just received them
There is like a heat sensor in the heater chamber could ld that be bad
There are blue two wires that go to the back of unit where the heat chambers are behind the two red wires that go up to the glow plug would that be the heat sensor that I'm talking about that could be bad?
The one blue wire comes from the main switchboard then goes to the right side of the gas ports to the heat chamber for the top and bottom parts that I talked about earlier.
Or do u think it's the thermostat simple as that

So is it running with thermostat bypassed?

for couple minutes then shuts down. Like a relay switch shuts the gas vavle down

Can you just for attest bypass the pressure switch and then limit to see if it will stay running?