HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My heater won't heat. the air blows, but the air won't get…

Customer Question
I'm Ami, and my...

I'm Ami, and my heater won't heat. the air blows, but the air won't get warm.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I've tried flipping the breakers on the panel, and on the air handler, no resolution. it's a commercial ac, 4ton

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Please provide following information

1.Model on indoor unit and if you have a heat pump. model on outdoor unit.(On label on unit)

2.Model on thermostat (Inside cover)

The thermostat is Ritetemp 8022c

Thanks for this info. Now Ami are we controlling a gas furnace , electric furnace or a heat pump with the 8022C?

its a combination 4 ton ac/heater electrical

Ami can you do some hands on troubleshooting?I so remove the R and W wire at thermostat and touch them together and lets see if heat will come on.That will tell us if issue is in thermostat or heater.If it does not we will move to the heater.