HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm ***** *****, I have a Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus that…

Customer Question
Hi I'm ***** *****...

Hi I'm ***** *****, I have a Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus that has been fine. Yesterday morning when I got home from work the screen was blank and my heater is not running. Does this thermostat use batteries, if so where are they so I can change them,. I'm used to thermostats that use line voltage.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Really don't have any more. When I left for work the heater/AC was working fine, when I got home the thermostat screen was blank and no HVAC. All circuit breakers are good, none had tripped but I reset them anyway.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Can you get at the wires to the thermostat? If so see if you have a wire connected to the C terminal, if so check the fuse on the board inside the furnace you have lost the 24 volt power feed.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks