HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a furnace that I have tried to set the fan on the…

Customer Question
I have a furnace...

I have a furnace that I have tried to set the fan on the thermostat to auto. I refuses to go to auto. Instead I have cool air and then hot air blowing form vents. Temperature is being maintained

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Also if i remove thermostat unit everything shuts down. I put thermostat back in place Pins are not crossed

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If the auto /on switch will not go to Auto, you will probably have to replace thermostat.What is model on thermostat?