HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell r7284 oil control on a Beckett burner and…

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell r7284...
I have a Honeywell r7284 oil control on a Beckett burner and a Beckett aqua smart control looped in. I am getting a tt closed limit open lockout. Please help as it is now 55° in my house and about 20° outside. Just got in from work with my 2 children
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

is the blower running? and was the filter plugged?

No the the blower will not run. And have not checked the filter, but it will not even try to prime the system. If that matters. It was working last night and this morning. Got home from work today and it was cold as hell in here.

Ok the blower not running is a concern..is there a fan "on" switch that you have tried?

Open limit is high temp cut out switch on the front wall of the furnace above oil gun. If it overheated due to no blower it could trip.

There is no switch to just try the fan. Just the main controls and when they lock out nothing works.

Most oil burners have a fan/limit switch on front wall with a manual push/pull knob for fan.

Or is this a boiler with combustion fan?

I believe combustion fan.

Ok so you have radiators that heat or registers that blow hot air?

Radiator
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Do you still need help?