HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace wasn't running this morning. I switched it off,

Customer Question
***** *****. My...

***** *****. My furnace wasn't running this morning. I switched it off, waited, and turned it on again. It started and read "in recovery" mode. It worked. But then later in the day, it stopped again. Now I can't get it to start. No messages on the thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My furnace wasn't running this morning. I switched it off, waited, and turned it on again. It started and read "in recovery" mode. It worked. But then later in the day, it stopped again. Now I can't get it to start. No messages on the thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Ok

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you checked the board inside the furnace for power?

There is power to the furnace. The LED display on the furnace indicated that the pressure prove switch is open. I turned off the system to see if it would reset after a wait. It didn't work. Any other thoughts here?

Have you checked the pressure switch to see if it is bad?

Also does the exhaust fan start up and run?

The exhaust fan starts and run, but when you ask me if I have checked the pressure switch is bad ... how would I possibly know that??? Aren't you supposed to be an expert here. If I knew how to check for a bad pressure switch, then I wouldn't be asking for help on this site. Ridiculous. I would like my money back. So far, all you've done is send me questions. This is hardly worth a dollar, let alone what the charge is.Also, if you need more information, then provide all of that in a single response.

Ok I will submit this for a refund for you since you are unhappy already.