HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have 2 Climatemaster Tranquility 27 geothermal units each

Customer Question
Hi, I have 2 Climatemaster...
Hi, I have 2 Climatemaster Tranquility 27 geothermal units each for different floors. One works okay. The second unit is constant problem. The Climate master thermostat shows no power. Assume there is no problem with the thermostat. Is there something I can do at the geothermal to reset the power that may get the thermostat to work. I have reset panel breaker.I have a backup oil furnance and it has not been working as thermostat has no power. Thanks, Bill
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2016
HVAC Technician: Ken, Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Ken
Ken, Electrical Contractor

Bill, it is common for thermostats to get power from the unit. If it is a low voltage thermostat - the most common - the control transformer or wiring between the two could be bad. To check, you will need a multimeter. Find the transformer and if low voltage, it should have a 24 volt output. If there is voltage on the output, check the wiring for loose connections and for physical damage. Let me know what you find and we can go from there. Thank you

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer