HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a PTH153B50AM that stopped heating. I 't know if the

Customer Question
I have a PTH153B50AM that...
I have a PTH153B50AM that stopped heating. I don't know if the cooling is still working but the fan comes on and I have reset it to factory settings and pushed the manual reset buttons on the heating coils. there was no indication of failure just did not heat up yesterday.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
1/19/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still interested in getting an answer, since I have already paid. I did schedule an appointment with Sears Home Repair for Wednesday but I definitely want to know what you think. My unit is a wall unit, like the ones in hotels. It is a combo AC/heater. It just stopped heating yesterday. I have reset it as per the manual and have manually reset the heating coils as per manual. Also rest the GFI. What do you think?

OK, does the unit run/blow air, but no heat?

Or does the unit not respond at all in heat?

Does it work in cool function?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fan runs but no hot air. I don't know if the cooling is working, it is pretty cold here so I can't tell. It was cooling fine this summer and it was heating fine until Moday. No bang, smoke or power outage, just no heat when turned on Monday morning.

Thank you.

We dont want cooling obviously but I wanted to test the reverse valve. This is what determines heat or cool.

Sometimes we can switch from cool to heat and back a few times and it will jog the reverse valve.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry. I am not familiar with that procedure. Would I just try to start the cool side by pushing the "cool" button, let it run a bit then shut it down and push the "heat" button?

that is correct...and in the event the blower runs but not ac compressor we are getting into a defect in the 220v circuit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Billy, are you still out there? It is 8:15AM here and I am home. Right now the unit is running in the "FP" mode (freeze protect?) and I can't change it until that clears. I did reset the 220 breaker in the basement but the "FP" status returned immediately. It is about 20 degrees outside so this may run for a bit. Once the FP clears I will try to jiggle the heat/cool states. Please respond when you get this.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok Billy, I tried to start the "cool" side but nothing happened. The cool light lit, I could only set the thermostat down to 60 and nothing happened. The blower did not come on or anything. I shut it off and pushed the heat and the blower came on. Then I tried toggleing when it was running. The thermostat switched between 68 and 74 and there was a switching sound from inside but still no heat.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, while toggleing the fan indicator whet from "auto" (cool) to "low" (heat).
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The switch sound sounds like it is coming from behind the info panel not deep inside the unit.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Info panel= logic board
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there anyone out there monitoring this discussion? It is now 2:30PM and I have had to go to work. If there is anyone out there monitoring this please respond to my earlier posts to Billy.
BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech