HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Cant get my thermostat on after changing the batteries :(

Customer Question
Cant get my thermostat...

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have the thermostat model number- RTH23OB i think it was in the 'off' position, i know the batteries are brand new, i flipped the breaker box switch that said 'furnace', i checked the switch by the furnace, i didn't see any loose wires(?)

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

How long do i have to wait?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/18/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

This could be a furnace issue. What do you have for a furnace (brand and model please)? what prompted you to change the batteries?

it was the battery connection points. they weren't touching the batteries so i had to manulally adjust them by pulling them out to get a good connection. thanks anyways

You're welcome and thanks for using Just Answer