airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

How do i clean an outside heat pump with allummiun corrision

Customer Question

how do i clean an outside heat pump with white allummiun corrision on it?
i have tried blue wolf, white vinigar goof off stripable nothing seems to worh on the alluimun coil fins do you know of anything that will clean thiis crossion off
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Depends on how bad it is the only acceptable cleaner is a non acidic coil cleaner.If they are too corroded, this may not even help.Are they to the point they flake if you rub your finger across fins?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is very flakey on the bottom where it sits on the metal frame, the rest looks like just a cleaning would make it at the least more effisent. i can take a picture if you want? thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a bissness of cleaning outside units what is the likey hood of starting one that does clean them.-- thanks
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

You could try the alka brite or Nu cal designed for this..

http://www.zoro.com/nu-calgon-condenser-cleaner-liquid-1-gal-brown-4120-08/i/G3753391/?gclid=CPzDyojDscoCFYwvgQodAqMGTQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

You may want to clean a couple of times to remove any of the residue from products you previously used also.Any residue left can effect the ability of the coil to give up heat.

AS for a business.I see no reason one could not start a coil cleaning business just as some have successfully started business of just changing filters.

Most reputable air conditioning companies do this as part of annual maintenance.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.