HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My problem is with a York furnace. 2 flashing red lights,

Customer Question
***** *****, and my...

***** *****, and my problem is with a York furnace. 2 flashing red lights, says pressure switch stays closed

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Furnace will not light

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Most likely a defective switch if it is not opening

I changed the switch, if I suck on the hose, switch closes
switch is NO
Furnace will not light, purge is not satisfed
there are 2 switches, 1 @ -.2 one at -.6

OK if the switch is N/O and you suck on and it closes,that means it is indeed OPEN .Board is giving a false reading if it shows it stuck closed.