How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 21386
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Vaillant boiler model # GA 100PV-12 needs a new air

Customer Question

My Vaillant boiler model # ***** 100PV-12 needs a new air pressure switch. My manual lists a pressure switch #2065-018 but does not indicate if this is a water pressure or air pressure switch and where it shows it located (on the front) is not where my air pressure switch is located (next to the inducer motor in the back). I understand Vaillant no longer sells boilers in the US. The info on my old pressure switch is: Trudel ta Ind. Inc. FS6009A-1678 016617/4194/H
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

How do you know it needs a new air pressure switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My havoc guy tested it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Burner was going on and off rapidly
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok so your best bet, only option is to get a generic pressure switch. There should be a rating stamped on the switch. A plumbing or HVAC supply house typically has a variety of rated switches. I think I have a contact number somewhere for the skeleton crew Valaint left behind when they abandoned the US market. I'll post it here if I can find it in case you don't have any luck elsewhere. But we routinely buy after market switches at local supply houses.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Here's the contact info I have

Colin Carr
855 Industrial Hwy., Unit #10
Cinnaminson, NJ 08077
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####br />E-Mail:***@******.***

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see 8A stamped in ink. would that be the rating?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

No the rating would be stated in inches WC (water column). Draft pressure is measured in inches of water column

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I searched with a magnifying glass, but could not find any such information stamped on the switch.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Then your only option is to contact the Valaint rep above. There are no specs available on Valiant products. There's a chance the switch info might be in the install manual if by chance you have it.