HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My issue is regarding a tcont900 thermostat
, the

Customer Question
Customer: **** ***. My issue...
Customer: **** ***. My issue is regarding a tcont900 thermostat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the thermostat went blank.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The thermostat is connected to a trane comfort link II furnace. I checked the wires behind the thermostat and there is about 12V between 2 of the 3 wires.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please text the response to ***-******* or email to ***.*.****@*****.***
1/16/2016
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Blank screen is usually blown fuse or bad transformer or float switch tripped. Are you using Air Conditioning or Heat. Do you have a heat pump or gas heat. Are you comfortable taking panel off unit. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you read my message. There is power in the wire behind the thermostat. It is heat only furnace and I checked the fuse on the panel in furnace. The fuse is purple color and it is OK.

You need to get at least 24 volts between R and B before screen will work. 12 volts means something is open in the circuit. Check drain switch. Russ

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer