HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a problem with my Lennox model c33-36b-2f-2. Heater…

Customer Question
I have a problem with...
I have a problem with my Lennox model c33-36b-2f-2. Heater turns on but blower is not engaging. A single diagnostic LED light flashes 4 times. Opened the panel and error code is "open primary or auxiliary limit".
I have toggled the breaker to the unit. Issue persists.
I have replaced the filter.
Air intake registers are both clear.
It's 55 degrees in my house and 25 degrees outside.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/16/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Is blower running and moving air through the house?

It is not.

Go to your thermostat and put fan switch on ON instead of auto. Make sure blower door is on tight. Any air movement?

No movement, blower not engaging.

Open blower door, reach in and see if blower wheel spins freely.

Confirmed it does.

You probably have a bad blower motor. This can be confirmed with a voltage reading at board.

Ok. Thanks.

If you have 120 volts to blower motor but it doesn't spin, replace motor. If no voltage, replace board.

It's got to be one or the other. That is why you are getting limit fault code. Furnace got so hot it tripped out on high limit.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.