HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a quadrafire 1200. I am not getting a light on the

Customer Question
I have a quadrafire 1200...
I have a quadrafire 1200. I am not getting a green light on the control box showing it has reached 200 degrees. I have replaced the thermocouple and now the control box and the problem persists
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2016
HVAC Technician: Jerry, Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Service Technician

Do you have a new style control box? What color is the box?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Clear

Ok, Do you have a flashing yellow light? or just the purple light when first plugged in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just the blue light blinks at the beginning. It lights and the green light never comes on. I even loaded the fire box to get enough heat. I tested the thermo and it reads 15mv and the ceramic is glowing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No red either
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tested connection between thermo and control box and I get .2 ohms

When you replaced the thermocouple, it is very important that the wire end is completely installed all the way to the very end of the ceramic thermocouple cover, then the whole assembly is sticking ONE inch over the end of the firepot. Can you check this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I read a previous post and already checked that. The tip of the ceramic is almost in the middle of the pot

That is too far. You need to have it placed one inch only over the lip. Only the end of the thermcouple can be getting hot, otherwise the voltage is too low. The voltage is generated from the difference in temperature on the thermocouple, and if the whole two inches gets hot you will not get enough millivolts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I'll adjust now. It's been like that all season with no problems. Give me 3 minutes

I need to look up the specs but I think you should be getting more than 15 MV

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok let me know. It's getting ready to ignite now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
First batch just burned out. I reset and the flame is hitting the roof of the unit. Still no green light
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only tip of ceramic in the flame
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you can't call we can continue Thai way

Try reversing the leads on the thermocouple connections.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Snap disc just triggered blower on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No lights

I can do the call if that doesn't work. How old is the stove?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1994
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1997

Did you try reversing the leads? That may be the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the thermo?

Yes, the two leads coming from the thermocouple, try reversing when they are connected.

*where

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Trying now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unbelievable. Green light is on. You rock
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The old thermocouple did not look in bad shape. Why would it just stop working

They can just wear out over time, or your control box may have gone bad. Its hard to say, or it may have just need pushed back a little :).

Glad that worked, it happened to me once and I finally just tried reversing the leads and it worked.

Did you have any follow up Questions? Let me know if the red light comes on and it continues to run.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry for the delay. Everything is working fine now. Thank you.

Please take a moment to rate my service. This is the only way we get paid for our time. Thanks again.

Jerry, Service Technician