HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a gh effc. furnace that is about 10 years old. It was

Customer Question

I have a Bryant high effc. furnace that is about 10 years old. It was blowing cold air, and I had a code 33. I replaced the filter, checked the air intake and exhaust pipes at the side of the house, and replaced the FSR switch. It ran for awhile today, but this evening I am getting an error 33 again. Trying to figure out what to do next.
Ed
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Check the rollout thermostats around the burner housing one is likely tripped open. Some have reset buttons in the middle of them. You just need to press the button in and see if one clicks then try it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the flame roll out sensor (it has a reset in the middle of it). The part was identical to the original. I thought that would solve the issue, but it continues to pop open, throw a 33 code, and the furnace fan runs indefinitely with no heat/.Trying to figure out what to do next.no hurry on the answer.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

If you bypass it does it stay running? If so you may have a bad one or the unit could be overheating, due to too restrictive of a filter (HEPA) or you could have a blocked heat exchanger or possible condensate back up issue.