HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I just installed a blower motor in the air handler and I

Customer Question

I just installed a blower motor in the air handler and I need to know where the wires go on the ABC connections on the top. I have a red and purple wire....
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Should be A to RED B to Purple and C to the other one.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A to red and B to purple you are saying?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we only have two wires and A is 230 lo and "B is 208 volts and lo and C is high - we have not got a wire for C
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a way you can call me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
abc are the fan speeds
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Are you on single phase power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We wanted a phone call because we were confused by the answer when your tech said "should be" so we went down to Trane and got a copy of schematic and I have attached a copy. It was not A to red and B to purple as your tech stated - it is red to B and purple to A. I should not be charged for this misinformation. thanks.