Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

My trane split unit comes on the gas flame comes on and when

Customer Question

My trane split unit comes on the gas flame comes on and when the blower should come on it doesn't and so the gas goes back off. I turned the fan off of automatic to on and the fan doesn't blow
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

I'm not finding anything for that model number and it doesn't look familiar to me. Is there any other makers marks on your furnace? Product line name etc... Most furnace model numbers are located on a data sticker on the inside of the furnace behind the blower panel. Can you look and see if there is any other model info there please?

That said, there are quite a few reasons this could be happening. Since you blower won't run in ANY mode, that narrows it down to a likely problem with the motor or capacitor (if equipped). Those are the places I would focus on first. Do you have a volt meter and are you comfortable probing live circuits? I can help diagnose if I can find the wiring diagram or if you can upload a legible picture of it here.

Thanks,

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the blower motor located on a split unit

On a vertically installed gas furnace the blower panel is typically the lowest panel on the furnace. Then above that should be a removable panel for the burner section then usually sitting right on top of the furnace is the A-coil for cooling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I'm just wasting time. Im going to call a local technician out. Thanks

Very good then. Thanks for using Just Answer.

-Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean to get money you need to be rated, your company took $28 out of my account to ask you a question. I didn't get any real help from you and you wanted $18 to talk by phone. One hour air showed up for a $59 service call and fixed the unit.

You are not talking to customer service here. I am a technician that answers questions and gets paid for positive customer experiences. I have nothing to do with accounting or billing issues. If you have a dispute, you need to contact customer service. This is all explained in the TOS that you agreed to. If you're not happy you should talk to CS where they can give you a refund.

On a side note, you never gave me the chance to help. You wouldn't give info that was asked for. No one can help without proper info.