Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have an American Standard air handler 2TEE3F31A1000AA. The

Customer Question

I have an American Standard air handler 2TEE3F31A1000AA. The blower motor will not turn on, it just jerks and try's to start. Does this unit have a start capacitor?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

No, that air handler does not have a blower motor capacitor in the usual sense. It has an ECM (electrically commutated motor) variable speed motor. When the motor rocks back and forth like that 4 out of 5 times it is the motor control on the bell end of the motor. It could also be the blower control in the air handler though. It requires a specialized test instrument to diagnose positively which component has failed. Click Here for an example of the common failure item.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian