Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am trying to replace a carrier thermostat (in Florida)with

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I am trying to replace a carrier thermostat (in Florida)with a Honeywell RTH9580 WiFi model.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have the following wires from the Carrier thermostat: R, C, Y-Y2, G, W-W1. I wired to R,C, Y, G, W -- but no power. I also moved Y to Y2, still no power.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If you did not turn power off to indoor unit before starting you may have let wires touch and blew a small fuse in unit.If you did not turn off power tell me model on furnace and I will tell you where to look.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Look in furnace for a small fuse on control board and see if it is blown

http://i.imgur.com/zOpm9aP.png

http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png