HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My name is ***** *****. Issue is regarding a Keeprite N9MSE

Customer Question
Customer: Hi there my name...
Customer: Hi there my name is ***** *****. Issue is regarding a Keeprite N9MSE furnace with error code 3 (3 consecutive green light flashes)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, i tried troubleshooting as much as i could...resetting the furnace, cleaning the flame sensor...but it simply turns on for only a few minutes then shuts off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, that's fine.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/11/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The 3 blink code means one of the pressure switches is not closing or opening back up. Check the items in chart below:

Hi there. Yeah I saw the information on the Keeprite troubleshooting manual, but that alone wasn't enough to repair the issue. Any other specific things that could be attempted?

lest start with one at a time.Remove drain hoses and make sure no water is standing in hoses and that main drain is clear.

Yep, those are clear.

Excellent, Next lets check the vent to make sure it has absolutely no restrcitions .Even a spider web or dirt dauber can restrict. Remove hose from inducer housing and clean it out as well as using a straightened paper clip or similar to clean fittings on switch and inducer housing

Ok, I'll give that a try.

Let me know and we can go from here. Also you may want to remove inducer housing and make sure no water, insect or anything in there and little blower wheel in tact.

No, none of those did it..

Does the little vent inducer motor actually come on?

It does.

OK either one of two things, there is a loss of vacuum such as gasket leaking where inducer mounts to furnace or pressure switch is defective. You would need a vacuum gauge to verify vacuum being pulled on switch to verify.

That is definitely out of my realm of knowledge, I will have to call an acquaintance who is an HVAC contractor

I was hoping it would be something simple, but that would be our next step in troubleshooting is to check the vacuum before we just start changing parts.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

he found the issue, it is an issue with Keeprites and he drilled into a hose intake. It seems to have fixed it.
you were helpful, thank you for trying.

Thanks again I will post rating starts for you to rate.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician