airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Have general control module 50a50 that flashing 6 times when

Customer Question

Have general control module 50a50 that flashing 6 times when fame goes out. Any suggestion on problem
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

What is furnace model? The 50A50 usually only flashes up to 5 times.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Furnace is Arco aire but not sure of model. The general control was a replacement about 2years ago. The trouble lights do flash 6 ( six) times. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I see a 6 flash on some of the boards that show 6 flashes as reversed polarity. Has any wiring be messed with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,except for the control module replacement about two years ago. If there is a reverse polarity would be in the hook up of the module? There are periods of time when the furnace appears to work properly. Thanks
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

The two reasons for reversed polarity error is if the hot wire is going to neutral and neutral to hot or ground is con connected good I have seen times when you could swap the 24v volt wires around and solve this