Brian
Brian, HVAC Technician
Experience:  OFTEC registered oil heating engineer and plumber.
63187465

My boiler presser gone down to bottom i put it up by the

Customer Question

Customer: hi my valiant boiler presser gone down to bottom i put it up by the time i take my hands off from valve its gone too high to red 3bar how to put the pressure down? i have taken water out from the radiator to release the pressure but not joy\
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Vaillant boiler pressure gone to 2.8 to 3 bar too high
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, if you can help me to sort this out, how long will it take?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi the pressure you need is about 1.2 bar Cold, if the pressure is rising when the boiler is not on and is cold it will probably be a filling loop valve not shutting off properly. If however the boiler pressure is rising when you turn it on and as it gets hot, it will likely be the expansion vessel has either deflated and needs re-pressurising using a foot pump or its ruptured and not working at all.