BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Model CBN20T wall heater. I installed the glass in

Customer Question

I have a Model CBN20T wall heater. I installed the glass in front of the flame and the whole heater shuts down after about 3 minutes after the fire heats up the area behind the glass. I used compressed air to blow through pilot valve and I cleaned the compartment. Do you think it is getting too hot with the protective glass in place. Thank You
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

it sounds more like the air intake is plugged. Do you have an intake pipe from the outside into the unit.?.sometimes this is done with a pipe inside a pipe...the vent pipe for exhaust is the center and intake is the hollow area between the 2 pipes.