Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a scotsmanco330sw 1a. The code reads full bin but the

Customer Question

Have a scotsmanco330sw 1a. The code reads b full bin but the bin is not full. Is there a switch or a censor located somewhere that may be stuck. Thank you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi let me see if I can help..

These units will show a false bin full error when the curtain in front of the plate does not close correctly... remove the front cover and the plastic insulation panel in front of the white curtain and make sure it swings properly... the unit may need to be cleaned.. gunk can make the hinge pins on the curtain stiff...

when you've done that... reset the machine and see if it begins filling and making ice..

come back to me and let me know what you found so I can help you further..

Thank you for using Just Answer

Phillip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phillip just handled the door issue and was able to get one harvest. The system status light blinked flashing red and the machin went off. See picture.
Thanks Frank
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Frank... no pictures came through.. but let me ask.. besides the status light.. were there any other lites lit and was there any code number on the display?

The red light indicates a machine malfunction.... so .. we need to see what failed...

after the harvest... the curtain must shut quickly.. or the sensor will think the bin is full...

note any lights or numbers in the display... then reset the unit... restart... observe the cycle... and watch the curtain...to see what happens at the end of the cycle...

Phillip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phillip how can I send you the picture. Do you have a direct email I can send it to?
Thanks Frank
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

just answer wont let us provide emails...

what lights are also lit or codes given...?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to send picture. Not able to.
Had a teck come and repair it. I don't have his bill yet. I will let you know if you care?
Thanks for your help
Frank
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, please let me know what they found.

Im sorry that the picture upload was not available.

Our hands are tied on some things here... I wish you the best of luck and

Have a blessed day.

Phillip