HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Where on the air contional pilot lite is found

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
1/6/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

Here is a parts list with location and part numbers of all parts

Goodman PGB Parts Manual

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This information did not help me understand where the pilot lite was located . Anyway please do not use the credit information to charge me.

didnt you look at the diagram which shows where every single part is located? You already know it is in front of the burner..the chart shows every part location..I do not understand how it did not help?

plus you are asking for a pilot light...which there is not one...it is a spark ignitor shown in the manual at left side in front of burner. No pilot light....direct spark.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was not able to find out to lite the pilot from the part list. I thought I could use your information. I didn't see that I could have called you until later.I think this service is good for someone who could understand.
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Good morning. I am Tim and I will try to assist you with this.It appears your unit has what is referred to as a direct spark ignition.This means your burners are lit automatically on call for heat without a pilot. Tell me what the problem you are having is.If burners will not light we will go step by step in troubleshooting to find out why. The first thing that has to happen is the small vent motor has to come on and pull a vacuum on the pressure switch to close it. Tell me if this small vent motor is coming on.We will go from here.Do not rate answer until we are done.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician