Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****. We have a chronotherm iv+ and reason

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. We have a chronotherm iv+ and for whatever reason a few times over the past few weeks the heat would not come on as programmed. When bumping up the temp, it would take an extremely long time for the heat to come on. What might be causing this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not sure what I can add. Its programmed for certain temp during day and night, and a few times the heat does not come on as programmed. For example, it was set for 70 and the house temp got down to 67. Even after moving the them to 76, it took over an hour for the furnace to kick on. Does that help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Issue may be with furnace.Can you do some troubleshooting on furnace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not st home. What could I try when I get home
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

When thermostat is still calling for heat and furnace is not on, look in furnace blower compartment (most have a peep hole to look in) and see if we have an error light flashing on furnace control board.If so give e model on furnace and tell me the pattern of flash code.That will tell me what we need to concentrate on .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife can see that and she says the light is on solid with no obvious code
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Ok is thermostat currently calling for heat but furnace not running ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is currently running but the problem is random. Twice this week the temp was set at 72 and the heat did not come on, even though the house temp reached 68. By manually changing the temp the furnace would come on about 1/2 hour later.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK we can leave the question open until the furnace is not running but should be according to thermostat.At that point lets check for an error code. We may have a pressure switch or a limit opening