Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a quadrafire model 1200 pellet stove and several

Customer Question

I have a quadrafire model 1200 pellet stove and several times within the last week when I get up in the am the red light in on but no heat. I push the reset button and everything works good. Last evening before I went to bed, I noticed that it had not started up so I pushed the restart button and it started. I filled the hopper and watched the stove burn for a little while. Then I noticed the fire getting dim. I watched and noticed that there were no pellets coming out. I unloaded all the pellets and hit the reset button. It started right up. As I watched the auger I noticed that it would slowly turn for about 5-10 seconds and then shut off for 5-10 seconds. I thought the auger was to turn constantly. I took the side panel off and blew into the vacuum hose. It was clear. I don't know what else to check. Please advise. Thanks, Don
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

The auger is not designed to run continuously unless it is on start up from a cold start. There are several things you need to check. 1. Make sure the thermocouple is inserted all the way into the ceramic cover and then it protruding one inch into the firepot. 2. Make sure there are enough pellets coming out of the chute. If you don't have 4-6" of fire coming over the top of the firepot you may have something blocked up in the auger tube or you may need to open th e feed rate slide a little more. This is located inside the hopper.